April 14, 2018
Lakeside Baptist Church
500 W Bluebonnet Dr, Granbury, TX 76048
Mike Licona is associate professor of theology at Houston Baptist University and president of Risen Jesus, Inc. He has a Ph.D. in New Testament Studies from the University of Pretoria, which he earned with distinction. Mike was interviewed by Lee Strobel in his book The Case for the Real Jesus and appeared in Strobel’s video The Case for Christ. He is the author of numerous books including:
- Why Are There Differences in the Gospels?: What We Can Learn From Ancient Biography (Oxford University Press, 2017)
- The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach (IVP Academic, 2010)
- Paul Meets Muhammad (Baker, 2006)
He is also co-author with Gary Habermas of the award-winning book The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Kregel, 2004) and co-editor with William Dembski of Evidence for God: 50 Arguments for Faith from the Bible, History, Philosophy, and Science (Baker, 2010). Mike was elected to full membership in the prestigious Society for New Testament Studies, and is a member of the Evangelical Theological and Philosophical Societies, the Institute for Biblical Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature. He has spoken on more than 100 university campuses, and has appeared on dozens of radio and television programs.
Dr. Braxton Hunter is the former president of the Conference of Southern Baptist Evangelists (COSBE), and the current president of Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary in Evansville, Indiana. As professor of apologetics, Dr. Hunter is passionate about the defense of the Christian faith in a skeptical world.
In addition to conducting evangelistic apologetics events, he has pastored two churches. He has engaged in several live, moderated, academic debates on theological issues and the evidence for the truth of Christianity.
He holds a B.A. in expository preaching, an M.A. in Theology, a Ph.D. in Christian Apologetics, and is currently working toward a DMin.
Dr. Hunter is the author of:
- Blinding Lights: The Glaring Evidences of the Christian Faith
- Death is a Doorway
- Core Facts: The Strategy for Understandable and Teachable Christian Defense,
- Evangelistic Apologetics: Compatibility and Integration
- TruthBombs: Brief Thoughts on Big Issues
- and The Chronicles of the Adonai fiction series
He is also a contributor to Anyone Can Be Saved: A Defense of “Traditional” Southern Baptist Soteriology.
His Journal articles include: A Commentary on Article 8: The Free Will of Man, and A Review of What about Free Will?: Reconciling Our Choices with God’s Sovereignty, by Scott Christensen (both from The Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry).
He currently resides with his wife, Sarah and their two daughters, Jolie and Jaclyn, in Evansville, Indiana.
Parallel Sessions Speakers
- Carlos Francis, Youth Minister, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Mansfield, TX
- Sammy Lopez, Lead Pastor, Mighty Fortress Christian Fellowship, San Antonio, TX
- Rani Espanioly, Cross Cultural Mobilizer, Texas Baptists BGCT, Dallas, TX
- Leighton Flowers, Director of Apologetics and Personal Evangelism, Texas Baptists BGCT, Dallas, TX